Please find below additional information from Tracy at 4The1 and SIM.
The first button will start the download of the August newsletter in pdf form, the second button will download a Prayer card in pdf form.
Dear Prayer Partners,
Thank you for “Pray[ing] without ceasing” 1 Thess 5:17.
- That we have a God, our Heavenly Father, who sees and hears us in all circumstances.
- God that He kept the children of 4THE1 safe during the holidays.
- Fernando, Geneline’s brother, returned home.
- Project Proposal document complete, meeting with the SIM Project Manager next week Wednesday to work through the 5-year budget.
- Our 4THE1 Team attended The Trauma Training at Mountain View, to help us understand trauma and to know that there is hope and healing in Jesus Christ.
- Finally received feedback from the Informal Settlements Department on our request for Sarah to have piece of land to put up her Wendy.
- Katie’s Visa application has been handed in. She will receive feedback in the next 4-6 weeks.
- Thankful to God for the spiritual growth in the children and how they are living out being followers of Jesus in their homes and school environment.
- For increased personal support over the past few months.
- My doctor has done some tests and we are trying to find the root cause of my recurring illnesses.
- For the Lord’s protection in a dangerous situation after our programme on Tuesday.
- The safety and protection of children of 4THE1 as they are faced with many challenges daily.
- For Fernando, as he reintegrates into the community after his stint in Prison and that God will work in his heart and draw this youngster unto Himself.
- We are submitting a scholarship application (Western Province Preparatory School) for Michael. He is currently in Grade 3 and made a commitment to the Lord in December 2021. He has grown significantly in his faith ever since and follows Jesus wholeheartedly. He is strong academically and loves sport. We have also identified Michael as a leader. He often cares for and brings the younger children in his household to 4THE1. Sadly, his home circumstances are extremely difficult, and this would be a good opportunity for him. We are committing his application to the Lord and asking that His will be done in Michael’s life.
- Pray for the 4THE1 Team as we serve the children, and for additional members to join on Fridays.
- I met with the SIM Finance Department for my annual budget review and there is a shortfall in my personal monthly support. I’m praying that God will provide and that He will raise up more people to partner in the gospel with me in this way, as I humbly continue serving Him in Sir Lowry’s Pass Village.
- That God will grant Katie her visa, so that she can join our team as a full time missionary and that our Father in Heaven will be preparing her heart as she does orientation and training in the USA.
- We need a host family for Katie for the first month of her stay as she looks for suitable accommodation.
Crossing barriers with love to those living and dying without Christ
If you wish to get into contact with 4THE1, please click here to navigate to our list of missions page.
You will need at least 5min to read our update, sorry but not sorry. ☺
As I have processed the first term of 2023 I have had this growing desire to find ways to give God credit, to proclaim His fame and make it all about Him.
I was singing a fun children's song earlier this week and the words, "waves of mercy and waves of grace", just filled me with such gratitude that I want to shout out about His goodness, His grace and mercy.
A friend said I must stop saying; "Marc and I don't know what we are doing", but I still feel that. I still feel like I can't believe that things are ticking over, that the students come every day, that friends volunteer their time... I remain in awe and wonder at our Great King who is holding us in the palm of His hand.
My prayer for us and for each of you, is that you never lose your sense of wonder in God's mercy and grace, giving Him glory for all that He gives and all that He does.
So on that note, let me share some feedback, knowing that you are seeing each of these gifts, achievements and blessings as provided by God the Father.
- We started moving into our new venue on the 5th of January, it needed a lot of work and money to get it ready. A 60m fence was put up, 15m of security bars, 6 glass panes, 50l of paint, about 30 poles were erected for a nursery and a hothouse, 2 gas stoves connected, tables, chairs, shelves donated, 2 containers for storage were dropped off, 10 trees were planted and much much more.
- One of my biggest 'worries' about this year was not only feeding 20 people every day but also the work of cooking the meals. God answered that in His perfect way. A lady on a farm next door drops off a nutritious and delicious stew every Friday. Out of the blue, a local business owner offered to drop off one of his employees twice a week to cook that day's meal and bake bread for the next day. And our wonderful Dutch friends who are visiting provided a pasta meal once a week along with chicken and eggs for the rest of the week.
And so much more, like regular apples and fruit via friends. Pretty amazing hey?!
If I can say one more thing about this, is that I didn't go and share my worry or wishes, the times where I have just left it too God to solve are the times that the solution to the problem is so much more sustainable and real. Let Him be the solution.
- We have 15 boys this year with one of our old boys (19 years old) joining on the days we do Garden Service so that he can earn some money. We have been amazed at how the 6 new students have seemed to catch our heart and have already started acting like family. The days are not untroubled though, there will always be difficult situations to figure out, thank goodness for teammates and the Holy Spirit. Please don't stop praying, it's needed.
- We have seen a huge increase in support in the way of volunteers, our local physio is helping with one of our boys, a business owner has employeed one of our students, the NGK has committed to supporting Grow Strong from April onwards and even our nursery has been well supported this last month.
- I also want to share one last thing that God sorted out for one of our boys. Petrus is a special needs boy, socially awkward, also our only white boy. He has been desperate for a friend. Two weeks ago, he had his first playdate with the son of a teacher at Becks and Ez's school. First playdate in three years since he moved to Grabouw, and it went well. Marc and I wept in delight at God finding a way to give this boys the desires of his heart.
Some prayer requests:
First and foremost, please pray that our students get a revelation of who Jesus is, so that they can turn from the world.
Specifically, please be praying for Zaenty, to find His identity in Christ, to find peace, and to protect our other students from his 'Bad Boy' influence.
Please be praying for Manuel, Aphile, Nathan and Rudi that the hold addiction has over them will be broken.
Please pray for Robin, Ronaldo and Ashwin that they will experience God as a Father that He will be the security they need.
Please pray for Andreo and Joe-el that God will speak truth over them and fill them with a godly confidence as they see who they are in Him and their worth.
Please be praying for the growth of Grow Strong. Our waiting list just keeps growing and we need to figure out how to manage that need.
Lastly to share some other exciting and rather unexpected news. A social worker that placed one of her clients with us and thankfully thinks we are wonderful, is now working part-time at Agape. And so, almost 3 years later, we are getting to see the kids again. Jeanie, Gordon and Sandy are coming to spend a few days at our home this holiday. Please be praying for this time, there are a lot of big feelings involved with our Agape kids from their side and from ours.
I think that's it for now. The short story is that God is at work, we are grateful and we would love your continued prayers as they are a crucial part of what keeps us going.
And if you haven't yet, and are keen to, please come visit. We are just off the N2 behind Peregrines.
Brigit & Marc.